If you’re looking for a polished cement floor and wondering the cost and time to complete, lets start out by discussing the options.
Decorative concrete is typically sealed, creating a shiny surface that many people perceive as concrete polishing.
What is the Cost of Concrete Polishing?
The professional concrete contractors in the industry know cement polishing as the process of using heavy and expensive machines for griding and honing the surface to a matte to glossy finish based od required design.
However, decorative concrete polishing contractors frequently get calls from clients looking for something else.
It’s not uncommon for concrete polishing installers to get calls from clients asking for:
- polished epoxy paint
- stamped concrete polishing
- polished colored concrete
The reality is that glossy decorative concrete comes in many forms.
Decorative Concrete Options
- Polished Concrete – Cost is $3.00 – $7.00 per square foot depending in size, condition, level of polish. Repair and decorative elements can add another $5.00 per square foot.
- Concrete Overlays – These are thin cement coatings that are applied on the surface. This is a much more predictable process. It can be troweled or sprayed on. Many finishes are available including matte and glossy. Price $5.00 – $10.00 PSF. More complicated projects with high decorative custom designs can run up to $20.00 PSF. Note *** Great For Basement Floors
- Self Leveling Concrete – This can be an underlayment for carpet, tile or hardwood. There are self levers made by Mapei that create the appearance of polished concrete. Expect to pay $4.00 – $10.00 PSF.
- Epoxy Coatings – Epoxies range from thin paints to chemical resistant, high build coatings for garages, commercial kitchens, warehouses. With glossy sealers, they take on the appearance of polished concrete. Cost in range of $4.00 – $7.00 depending on size, condition of floor and design.
- Metallic Epoxy – Many people think these marbleized coatings are concrete polishing. They come in many colors. Pricing is $6.00 – $10.00 PSF
There are many considerations for polished concrete or decorative coatings. Durability, color, design and price are the top considerations.
Floor condition, cracks, repairs and moisture need to be considered as part of the overall cost and design.
Pinks Concrete Design Serving Fairfield and New Haven Counties in Connecticut
Pinks has been providing concrete floor polishing, overlays, and epoxy coatings for residential and commercial customers from Greenwich, Stamford and Norwalk to New Haven Connecticut for 15 years.
Call Pink Concrete Design today to discuss your requirement and find out how much concrete polishing costs for your next project.